School holidays are approaching – have you seen our Vacation care program?
We offer care at East Ballina, Lennox Head, Central Ballina & Woodburn
What a busy busy last couple of months it has been at Rainbow!!
This week we have been celebrating the history and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The preschool children joined in the NAIDOC Week Celebration March in Ballina. They had an opportunity to participate in traditional and contemporary body art, dancing and creative art work. The preschoolers were able to share these experiences with the other children when they returned to Rainbow.
We will continue to explore Aboriginal culture next week with the Rainbow OOSHC children when they visit us to share some weaving and group games that they have experienced as part of their NAIDOC week celebrations
Also a BIG “Thank you” to Sara from The Lady Gardener and Darren for the great work you have done in smartening up our gardens and front entrance We now have a new fence & entryway & beautiful fresh gardens
September/October Vacation care program is out and now available from the office ( 4 John Sharpe Street ) and also from individual services or click on the link below.
The Rainbow office also now has a mobile number for you to contact the Centre by text.
Please add us to your contacts
0478 195 436
Rainbow Out of School Hours Care (OOSHC) Provides a range of services for children of (school age 5-12 year olds). All services provide a play based educational program supporting each child’s learning within a social environment. All services are fully approved and rated for compliance under the National Quality Framework.
Before school care provides play based care for a two hour period prior to children starting school in the mornings. We provide a safe supervised play environment and a small snack before starting the school day. The service is provided at
- Lennox Head primary school only for children from that school,
- Southern Cross Primary for children attending Southern Cross primary school.
- Central Ballina for St Francis < Ballina Public School and other surrounding schools as we can take them to bus stop
- Woodburn public school < St Josephs Catholic school as we can take them to school via bus pickup
After school care provides a supervised play based program for an approx three hour period after school, from 3pm-6.30pm. Children have access to a range of activities and are encouraged to actively participate in art/craft, sport, games and social activities. There are services at
- Lennox Head Public, also suitable for children attending Holy Family and Tintenbar etc
- Southern Cross Primary also suitable for children attending Holy Family and St Francis Xavier Primary
- Ballina Primary School. Also suitable St Francis Xavier and Richmond Christian College
- Woodburn public school < St Josephs Catholic school as we can take them from school via bus pickup
- We welcome children from all local schools where transport links allow the children to travel to any of these locations.
Vacation care – provides a play based program for school aged children during school holiday periods between 8am – 6.00pm. The program is based on providing children with an enjoyable period out of school with an emphasis on active games, interesting excursions and social interactions. OOSHC has three locations:
- Lennox Head Public provide a service for 5-12 year olds
- Southern Cross Primary provide a service for 5-12 year olds
- Ballina Primary School . provide a service for 5-12 year olds
- Woodburn Primary School provide a service for 5-12 year olds
All enquiries should be made through our central office in East Ballina on 6686 6621
Lennox Head After School Care Numbers are Critically Low. Please help us get the word out
2017 Child Care Fees
1. Education and Care
|a. Independent Child||$87 per day|
|b. Dependent child||$95 per day|
2. Out of School Hours Care
|a. Before School Care||$13 per morning|
|b. After School Care||$28 per afternoon|
|c. Vacation Care – non excursion day||$61 per day|